17 May 2007

(IN) Decency

Earlier today I had a minor text message battle with a co-worker that resulted in her yelling at me through all-caps that I lack COMMON DECENCY. Well I never!

Maybe she's right. I might have deserved this allegation. I had, afterall, just called her honey. But then, once I finished making a tasty Australian stew out of her, I thought it over and decided that maybe it’s a compliment to lack common decency. It must mean that I do fascinatingly outrageous things. Too much common decency certainly would make one very boring, right? So then, its far better to simply have none at all.

For example, yesterday when I almost got arrested at the lake (okay so this is a slight exaggeration, but doesn't it make the story so much better?) if I had just told the policeman, "I can't help myself, sir, I simply lack common decency," maybe he would have just nodded and went on. It would have saved me the scolding in broken English in any case.


PS: Yes, I am aware that text message battles are below me and my 24 years.

2 Comments:

Blogger chewie said...

So many thoughts and questions...

wow. I've never had a text message battle. I feel so out of it.

You've convinced me - let's lack common decency together! Is this the same as being "indecent" together? Would that get us arrested?

Pray tell, what did you almost get arrested for?!

We really miss you!!

May 18, 2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger le poisson rouge said...

Apologies to everyone who had made comments that have only just now been posted! I didn't realize the changes that google made to the blogger formatting!
As always, grazie mille for your input and keep commenting!

June 06, 2007 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home